Saturday 12 October 2013

The Bay Lancôme gift-with-purchase promotion (October - November 2013)

Wow! It is almost mid October!! Fall is now in full swing.

Earlier today I drop by one of my favorite department store here in Canada - The Bay. I love the Cosmetics & Fragrances department at The Bay because they often have beautiful sets of gift-with-purchase promos by selected higher end skin care & cosmetic brands. Today I went to get my hands on some Lancôme goodies!

Now this gift-with-purchase thing is not uncommon. I have seen similar promos back in Malaysia. But the thing I love most about the Canadian promos (and I believe in the States as well) is that for most events, you only need to purchase a minimum of 30 to 35 dollars worth of product(s) to qualify for the free goodies. This is about  MYR93 to MYR109. Back in Malaysia, the common minimum purchase is MYR300 to MYR350 (some even go as high as MYR500!). Plus the free goodies offered are often not as abundant as the ones given in North America. So yeay me! =)

Back to Lancôme...

For Lancôme's gift-with-purchase promos, the usual minimum purchase is CAD35.00 (before taxes). I was running low on their Effacil makeup remover. (It is my current favourite remover. I will review it soon. ^_^). The Effacil sells for CAD35.00 at The Bay. With only purchasing the Effacil, I am already qualified to get their free goodies!

Above is the Effacil that I bought, and below is a picture of the Effacil with all the goodies I received!

Isn't it awesome?! I felt great not having to purchase unnecessary items to qualify for the promo. (I often buy things I don't need back in Malaysia to make the minimum purchase. I guess I could just not get the goodies back then, but hey! some of them are too cute to resist, right?)

They were 8 items in total, including the makeup bag.

The first 2 items are a set of serum and face cream duo. They have 3 different sets so you can get the one that is most suitable for your age group. For myself, I was given Lancôme Génifique Youth Activating Concentrate (8ml) paired with Lancôme Bienfait Multi-Vital High Potency Daily Moisturizing Cream with SPF 30 (15g). 


Next is a choice of perfumed body lotion (50ml) - La Vie Est Belle or Trésor. After giving both a smell, I went for La Vie Est Belle.

The next 2 items are a duo of eyeshadow palette (2g) and lip color. There are 2 sets to choose from. One set comes with a lipstick (with the more neutral eyeshadow palette), while the other a Juicy Tubes. I chose the one with the Juicy Tubes (10ml).
 
Good size shimmer shadows palette with a mirror!


Helpful guide at the back of palette

Juicy Tubes in Raspberry Ice
The gift set also includes 50ml of the famous Lancôme Bi-Facil Double-Action Eye Makeup Remover. Great size for travel.

A trial size of their latest Hypnôse Star Show Stopping Volume Mascara (4ml) was also in the set.

Last but not least, the makeup bag! You can choose between a pink bag or a blue bag. Since I already have a couple of pink makeup bags, I chose the blue! It is a good size satin bag with the Lancôme flower embossed on the front.

So there. I was very happy with the whole package and look forward to more gift-with-purchase promos! For those in Canada, this promotion is on till November 9th, 2013 at all Lancôme beauty counters at participating Hudson's Bay stores. *While supplies last. So get yours today!

No comments:

Post a Comment