Monday 31 December 2012

Benefit Cosmetics Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Brightening Makeup Foundation

Hello lovelies!
Its been a few days since the last entry as I have been quite ill.  :(
Had an asthma exacerbation and it has been just super tiring!!
Anyways, I am feeling a tad better and wanted to post this right away.....

Foundation.....
I am not really a fan of foundation as they generally just feel heavy on my face. Instead, I fancy myself as a tinted moisturizer user. (Even then I dont use tinted moisturizer everyday. I only use a liquid  sunblock daily).
Benefit Cosmetics has a foundation range called Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Brightening Makeup. This particular foundation is one that i dont mind using. It is oil free with SPF 25 PA+++, which is a bonus since I am definitely a fan of SPF. I love the texture and it provides a light but buildable coverage (up to a medium coverage)without the heavy feel of many foundations i have tried in the past. It has quite a muted smell and  leaves a healthy dewy glow on the skin (which is another bonus as i prefer a dewy finish over matte). 

Outer Packaging: 
Unlike most Benefit Cosmetics products, the box for this foundation, I think, is a bit "plain".

Product Packaging: 
See-through plastic tube with a pump. (I love the pump for hygienic reasons.)



Shades:
While it does not has the widest shades range in the market, the 9 available shades i think are sufficient. (My shade is Honey). This foundation has a yellow undertone which particularly compliments Asian's skin tone quite nicely. (Yeay!)

Application: 
Personally, I find the best, flawless way to apply is either with clean fingers or a clean beauty blender sponge. A stippling brush may work but i do not own 1 right now. =) It is encouraged to set the foundation with some powder. Since i have more of a dry skin-type, I hardly use a setting powder. (Plus, I find that powder reduces the dewy effect).

Lasting power: 
Even without a setting powder, the foundation has lasted a good 6 hours for me (in an air-conditioned environment). I tend to use it only for special events, like Eid and weddings, and for all those occasions this foundation has definitely fulfilled my needs and expectations.

In pictures: 
I am definitely happy with how my skin looks in pictures with this foundation. Not ghostly and not too shiny. Just the right amount of shine for a dewy healthy look. I absolutely dislike the powdery, washed out looks you get (especially with flash photography!) with some foundations.

Value: 
It comes in a 30mL bottle and ooooopppss! I will have to get back to you on the price as it has been a while since i bought mine. ^_^

Overall, it is definitely my go-to foundation. Try it if you are after something lightweight with a dewy finish. May not work for you if you need a heavier coverage.

Benefit Cosmetics Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Brightening Makeup Foundation is available at all Benefit Cosmetics counters and Sephora outlets.

Reminder: Product that works for me may not work for you, and vice versa. =)
  

No comments:

Post a Comment