Saturday 22 December 2012

Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Complete UV Waterlight Lotion with Helioplex SPF50+PA++ Anti Dullness

Hi there!
For the first few entries, I thought nothing is more proper than writing reviews on products that I have loved, used and repurchased for a while now. I am going to start with a sunblock that I have been using for the past 1 and a half years, everyday, without fail. It is the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Complete UV Waterlight Lotion with Helioplex SPF50+PA++ (a mouthful isn't it? =D).
     First off, the importance of using sunblock DAILY (yes, daily and not only when you are going to the beach) could not be emphasized enough! Even if you are an individual who spend most of your daytime indoors, the time taken for you to drive to work, cross the parking lot, and go into your building, are enough time for UV exposure which cumulatively, over day, weeks, months and years, would inevitably affect your environment-exposed areas. Sun spots, premature aging and skin cancer (eeeekkk!) are some of the detrimental effects one could get from unprotected, prolonged exposure to the sun.    
     Since there are a lot (and I mean A LOT) of different sunblocks out there, why do I stick to this particular one? Well, let me first share with you the top 3 criteria that I look for in a sunblock.

1) consistency: i prefer more of a liquid form of sunblock to use on my face as this will definitely feel a lot less heavy on the face.
2) finished effect: no no to the white pasty finish you get with the typical body sunblock you use at the beach.
3) OK for sensitive skin: i have really sensitive skin (in fact, I have eczema. more on this later...=D). since sunblock would definitely have some "heavy-duty" ingredients, i have to make sure it wont cause break outs or more importantly, it wont cause an allergic reaction.

(I guess I should have put point number 3 as number 1 since it is THE most important criteria.)

And I am happy to say, that this Neutrogena product fulfilled all 3 criteria. In addition, the finish effect is one that I highly desire - brightening!

For this particular product, there are 2 variants: one for even skin tone, and one for anti-dullness.

I have in the past purchased both but in the end only repurchased the anti-dullness variant simply because I absolutely love how it leaves my skin looking healthy and glowing! (The effect of the Even Skin Tone one was not too apparent to me and I did felt a bit of a burning sensation on my face when I used it!)



And below is a "swatch" of the product on my hand.....


Yup. It is actually a light purple in colour, but as you smooth it out on the skin, it leaves a healthy glow. (not oily, but just enough shine). 
The Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Complete UV Waterlight Lotion with Helioplex SPF50+PA++ retails at MYR49.90 and can be bought at any drugstores such as Watson and Caring. 1 bottle lasts me 2 months of great light-texture, UV protected, glowing skin.
Reminder: Product that works for me may not work for you, and vice versa.
=)

No comments:

Post a Comment