Thursday 5 September 2013

Curve Ball: 36 Hours of Fruits/Veges Only Diet

Almost a week into September. Wow. Pretty darn fast. Fall will soon be in full blast and I hope the Winter that follows will be gentle this year.

Today, I feel like posting something that is not directly a review. A curve-ball. =)

In general, I try to lead a somewhat balanced lifestyle. I adore food (both the indulging ones as well as the healthier varieties) and try to incorporate a minimum of 3 days a week of gym time. Looking at what I have been eating in the past month made me feel a little guilty as it has been almost a whole month of Eid celebration (which translates into rich, heavy dishes. Most definitely not on a daily basis but a little more than I would have in an average month). So to "improve" the situation a bit (haha), I casually did 36 Hours of a diet that consist only of fruits and vegetables. One golden rule is only boiling is permitted. And no added sugar or salt or any other "flavorings." I had aimed to do it for 3 days (lol) but only managed a day and a half before my urge took over. Still, I think it did wonders for my digestive tract and I will definitely try again (thinking of slowly making it a weekly thing). Just wanted to share what I ate during the 36 hours.....

For brunch, I had some Maui Juice from Booster Juice. It was a blend of oranges, pineapples and bananas without any added sugar or milk product. I knew I had wanted a drink with banana for the extra energy since it was a Brunch (not having a proper breakfast has been a bad habit of mine and I am trying to change this. Nothing beats a good breakfast).

Dinner yesterday was of a bowl of pear and peach slices (so yummy!!). I also had an ear of boiled white corn.

I started this morning with a bowl of fruit salad (a mix of peach, strawberry and raspberry. Again, I LOVE the mix of different textures). Sadly, that was the end of the short 36 hours trial. But I am not disheartened as the effects after only doing it for 36 hours were desirable that I am highly motivated to try it again, and next time go for the full 3-day plan. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment