Sunday 17 March 2013

Clinique Chubby Stick Intense Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm

Now I know I just posted an entry on the Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm. This time it will be a review on the newer Clinique Chubby Stick Intense Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm. ^_^

This newer version of the Chubby Stick gives a more intense colour on the lips while maintaining it's moisturizing property.


 "Tempt lips with a soft cushion of colour that's not quite sheer, not quite opaque-just the perfect happy medium. Loaded with mango and shea butters so lips feel comfortably soft and smooth. Eight vibrant shades in all."

I only have 1 shade at the moment - Mightiest Maraschino.
(It is a full sized Chubby Stick of 3g).



Packaging:
It is the same as the original version. A twist-up stick which looks a lot like a crayon.

Product:
As I apply it on my lips, I notice right away how intense the pigmentation is compared to the first generation Chubby Sticks. Definitely more on the opaque side than sheer. The colour range is smaller - only 8 shades at the moment.


Trying on all 8 shades at the Clinique counter, I could definitely appreciate the different colours on my lips as oppose to the original version. You do still need to reapply it as the colour do fade out after an hour or so.



The moisturizing aspects of the Intense version is the same to me as the original Chubby Sticks. My lips do feel pampered with the shea butters but without the heavy sticky feel. You will have that "moist" feel on the lips, but not sticky.

Value:
One full sized, 3g Chubby Stick Intense goes for MYR60.00. This is MYR2.00 more than the original version, which is silly I think because in the United States, the 2 products have the same price! >.<
Will I buy more? Well, I think I will just wait for a box set similar to the ones I have of the original Chubby Sticks. ^_^

Conclusion:
Buy the Intense version if you prefer a more pigmented, more opaque colour on your lips, without jeopardizing the benefits of a lip balm. This product may not be your cup of tea if you either prefer a more sheer lip balm or matte lips. Otherwise, such a good alternative to a lipstick!

Clinique Chubby Stick Intense Moisturizing Lip Color Balm is available at all Clinique counters nationwide.
Reminder: Product that works for me may not work for you, and vice versa. =)           

No comments:

Post a Comment