Sunday 17 March 2013

Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Color Balm

Tinted lip balm is a good alternative for days that you don't feel like wearing lipstick, but still want a dash of colour on your lips. Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Color Balm is the one I will be talking about today.


The ones I have came in a box set that was released last Christmas. The set contains 5 miniature sized Chubby Sticks which I think is a good way to test the product out. The only down side to getting the set is the colours are pre-selected. I am not sure if they have similar sets out at the moment.


Each Chubby Stick is 1.2g.
My set came with the following shades:

Richer Raisin
Super Strawberry    
Oversized Orange
Chunky Cherry
Curvy Candy

Clinique describes the product as "Super-nourishing balm is loaded with mango and shea butters. Just what dry, delicate lips need to feel comfortably soft and smooth. Sixteen natural-looking lip tints in all, each with a subtle sheen."

Packaging:
It looks like a crayon, which is cute! The cap fits snugly and wont pop off in your handbag.
Don't worry about a sharpener as it is actually a twist-up stick (you twist the silver bottom to reveal more product).


 Product:
Application was easy. Definitely feel that my lips are pampered with the shea butter. As for the colours, they are quite pigmented but do require constant reapplication as I find it fades out within about an hour or so. The moisture do however stay on for longer.


Although the Chubby Sticks do come in quite a range of colours, I find that on my lips, 3 out of the 5 colours that came in my set were quite similar. I have to apply a generous amount for the colours to be distinct. So they are pigmented, but the range are not as varied on the lips as they are on tissue paper. ^_^






A big plus to me for this product is the smell - it is fragrance free!! Yeay!! I dislike the many chemical, fake fruity smell of a lot of tinted lips balms out there. The Chubby Sticks stay true to Clinique's fragrance free philosophy.

Value:
I bought this set for MYR140.00 which works out to be MYR28 each. Not too bad for a "higher end" brand (compared to drugstore brands of course). A full size Chubby Stick is MYR58.00.

Conclusion:
Not a bad tinted lip balm to try out especially if like me, you hate perfumed lip balms. If you want to get more than 1 shade, make sure they do look different on your lips! 

Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Color Balm is available at all Clinique counters nationwide.
Reminder: Product that works for me may not work for you, and vice versa. =)            

No comments:

Post a Comment