Monday 11 March 2013

Smashbox Photo Finish Hydrating Undereye Primer

Hi there!!! 
Yup, I know. Its been a while. Sigh... My health is just not at its best form these days. I hope everyone else is well. We are now into the third month of 2013. Wow! So soon??!  

Anyways, today I will share my thoughts on a Smashbox product that I had purchased from Sephora. It is the Smashbox Photo Finish Hydrating Undereye Primer. Here is what Smashbox has to say about this product: "Hydrating formula primes the eye area while reducing the look of puffiness and dark circles. Smooth under eyes before makeup application or wear alone for instant brightening."





The Photo Finish Undereye Primer comes in a 10mL tranparent squeeze tube with a slanted end with a small opening through which you squeeze the product out. I believe the idea behind the slanting end is so that it is easy to apply directly under the eyes.


The product feels almost gel like to touch and appears pink with a bit of pearlescence shine to it. I could not appreciate the minty smell that some reviews have mentioned. Instead, to me it smells "oily", if that makes any sense at all?



On application to my undereyes, it felt smooth and cooling. I also noticed that my undereye was instantly brightened too. Therefore, i was initially quite impressed. Unfortunately, that was the one and only time i used it for the following 2 reasons:-

1) although it did made my skin under the eyes feels smoother, when it comes to aplying undereye concealer, i was struggling with the concelaer "moving" too much. I find it a bit difficult to pat the concealer into my skin with my ring finger and ended up with an uneven finish which is not appealing at all.

2) the main reason why i did not use this product after my first trial is that i am allergic to it!! =( how do i know? Well, at the end of that day when i removed my makeup i noticed the area under my eyes were puffy and a bit itchy. This tends to happen when i use products that are not suitable for my skin. Puffy, itchy and redness.

Conclusion:
Even if i was not allergic to it, this cream wont help me much with concealer application. But like I always say,  "Product that works for me may not work for you, and vice versa".  =)

Smashbox Photo Finish Hydrating Under Eye Primer is available at Sephora for MYR99.





No comments:

Post a Comment