Tuesday 26 March 2013

Guerlain La Petite Robe Noir EDT

While waiting for the 2nd Bag of Love (which I heard will be mailed out during the third week of April), I will do reviews on the products that came in their Debut bag this month. Now, I will always make sure that I tried skin care products for at least 2 weeks prior to writing a review on them, as to give the product a chance to work on the skin and do what it claims it can do (unless of course if I am allergic to it!).

I will start with a non-skin product that was included - the Guerlain La Petite Robe Noir EDT.



Lets start with the notes....

From www.fragrantica.com:
  • Top notes: jasmine, rose and green accords. 
  • Heart: cherry, orange blossom and apple.
  • Base: white amber, white musk and patchouli  
Described as "fresh floral" by Guerlain, I could definitely appreciate the floral part as I first sprayed it on - Rose was the most prominent top note. To my humble nostrils, this perfume skipped the fresh part, and went straight to powdery. Now, I am quite a fan of powdery - I feel a sense of maturity and lady-like out off it. However, this scent is toooooooo powdery to my liking.
The most distinct smell which lingered for the longest time on my skin was a mixture of powdery cherry and white musk.



So overall, not really a huge fan of this perfume. The only component that I like from the notes listed above is the Apple, and unfortunately, I could not appreciate it at all. As a person who loves vanilla-based scents, this is a definite miss.The bottle does look elegant though!

Do remember that perfumes do smell different, on different people. So if you are into floral perfumes, you might enjoy this. And as for lasting power, it lasted a whole day on me (to my despair!  =P)

No comments:

Post a Comment