Tuesday 12 March 2013

Sukin Foaming Facial Cleanser

I recently purchased a new set of facial cleanser. Sukin is an Australian brand which focuses on natural ingredients and claims to be very earth-friendly. I decided to give this brand a try since my skin has become quite sensitive (I have eczema) and thought that I should give some natural products a go. In the past, natural products have deterred me quite a bit since somehow, I have the assumption that natural products are just too mild. ^_^ These products have gotten a long way now, especially with more research proving their efficacy. Hence I wanted to give natural products a try.



Packaging:
This particular plastic bottle has a push-to-open top which I think is travel-friendly (compared to the pump type which leaks easier, in my opinion). The label do projects a "natural, earth-friendly" vibe.


Notice how this cleanser lacks many of the ingredients deemed damaging or drying to the skin. This is definitely a super plus for someone like me (with eczema). It is also 100% vegan.

Product:
As expected, the product is colorless. It does however has a very refreshing smell. The best I could describe the smell is - it reminds me of lemongrass. For a natural product, I was quite happy with the amount of foaming it gives on lathering.

Pros:
1) Gentle
2) Non-drying (even after 2 consecutive wash - see Cons below)
3) Adequate foam for a natural product
4) Smells refreshing

Cons:
1) I need to use a make-up remover prior to washing my face with this cleanser as I find it does not remove make-up (and take note that I only use concealer and sunblock on a daily basis)
2) At times, I need to wash my face twice at one time to feel that my face is thoroughly cleansed.
3) A little pricey for a drugstore facial cleanser. (MYR36.00 for 125mL)

Conclusion:

Definitely a product worth trying especially if you have eczema (as you would want to avoid products with Sodium Lauryl Sulphate ie SLS and parabens). Using a make-up remover prior to washing my face is not troublesome since I do usually include this step in my evening face routine. The lemongrass smell is a plus. Will I buy it again? Definitely.

Sukin Foaming Facial Cleanser is available in Malaysia at Vitacare Pharmacy. I believe the price is about MYR36.00 for 125mL.

Reminder: Product that works for me may not work for you, and vice versa. =) 

No comments:

Post a Comment